Digital Banking - Where have we come from and where are we headed?
Speaker: Dean Burt
- Setting Up: Stephen DB. & George B.
- Projector: Nicky B.
- Opening Reflection: Linda R.
- List Visitors: Geoff H.
- Sergeant: Bryan F.
- Intro: Len K.
- Thanks: Ern P.
- Last Word: Ben B.
If you have a duty, please arrange your own relief and inform Linda R. by 7pm Thurs.
Last Week's Meeting - RCCP's AGM & Forum
The forum after the AGM last Friday was a very animated session with ideas flowing from everyone.
We are also blessed with a succession plan and the Club is grateful for the services of
- Jean as President Elect
- Kraft as President Nominee.
I'm sure you will acknowledge their commitment to the Club and honour it with your assistance when they call upon you to serve in some capacity.
This coming Thursday at 6:25pm we have a fundraiser for the Soup Kitchen to be followed by our regular meeting the next day.
The Soup Kitchen is a very worthy charity whose service directly benefits everyone who lives or works in our precinct.
Our fundraiser will help support those in need to live with dignity among us.
President, Rotary Club of Courtenay Place
Xmas/ New Year Closure
The Club's last official meeting is on Friday 11th December 2015.
NO meeting on Friday 22nd January as this precedes Wellington Anniversary Day.
The first official full Rotary Meeting in the New Year is Friday 29th January 2016.
- Fellowship meeting on Friday 18th December 2015 - venue to be advised
- Fellowship meeting at Karori Sanctuary at Noon on the 15th January 2016
- Please take note of the' Christmas function at the Home of Compassion's Soup Kitchen' and ' Assisting Soup Kitchen's Pantry' attachment that is attached with the Chronicle via email.
Rotaractors Seek our Help
Our Wellington Rotaract Club is hosting a NZ road tour for 7 Retractors from overseas.
The group of 9 will arrive in Wellington in the afternoon of Wed 9th Dec and depart early in the morning of Fri 11th Dec.
- 7 beds
- Place for 2 blow-up mattresses
- for 2 nights
- Possibly dinner on Wed night and unsure about breakfast on Fri - plan to do their own cooking and as they're travelling in a van, will be carrying some supplies.
Retractors are aged 18 to late 20's typically early 20's (the typical OE age).
This request offers us an opportunity to meet the next generation of Rotarians as well as meeting young people that already share the values of Rotary.
Committed to date 2 beds in Khandallah, 2 beds in the CBD.
Please, urgently contact Jean P. if you can help with some accommodation. jean.@phipps.nz
Musicians for DCM Fundraiser
Event Organiser and Wellington Musician Rob Joass (Hobnail) says:
"DCM works at the tough end of things and we want to help them help Wellington's most vulnerable people. Giving to DCM gives us the best bang for our buck
- every cent donated directly helps DCM help those who need it most."
Musicians for DCM will feature Wellington's favourites, such as
- Barnaby Weir (The Black Seeds)
- Eva Prowe
- Ebony Lamb (Eb & Sparrow)
- Darren Watson
- and Wayne Mason.
They will be backed up by The Hard Core Troubadours, a loose collective of well-known Wellington musicians, which will also present its own numbers.
Music plays a big part in the work DCM does so we can't wait!
"Musicians for DCM"
General Admission $30.00
Tickets are on sale at Eventfinda
Join the Facebook event here
Can't be there but still want to give?
Please see our Givealittle page
DCM assisted over 850 individuals last year.
59% of these experienced homelessness at some point during the 12 months and
27% were without any kind of shelter
(i.e. sleeping rough, sleeping in their car).