Title: Addiction: Everyone's Business
Speaker: Sue Paton
- Setting Up: Brian F.
- Projector: Nicky B.
- Host Visitors: Len K.
- Grace: Don L.
- List Visitors: Marten Y.
- Sergeant: Colin C.
- Intro: Yvonne DS.
- Thanks: John M.
- Last Word: David G.
Last Meeting - Friday 30th January
Title: Keep Your Computer Happy and it Won't Byte You
Speaker: Eugene Ng
Eugene Ng explained the steps needed to look after one's computer:
- The environments in which it should be used
- The virus and malware traps
- The checkups needed to safeguard
- How to generally look after
- And prolong its life
He also offered members form our Club a substantial discount when they shop with him.
Visitors: Michael F. (Karori), Henk R. (Karori), Russel L. (Karori), Linda R. (Port Nich.)
Friends of Rotary: Mary E., Wayne & Joanne J.
Apologies: George B., Ron H., Gladwyn G., Stephen DB., Nicky B., Don L., Bede C., Ern & Norma P.
Next Week's Meeting - Friday 20th February
Title: Middle England to Middle Earth
'A presentation on the Rotary Club of Coventry Phoenix & its activities'
Speaker: Patrick Bermingham - a fellow Rotarian from England
We are fortunate to have Patrick from the Conventry Rotary Club in the UK, who is traveling in NZ with his wife.
Patrick has had an illustrious career:
- Applied Economics graduate from Coventry University
- A career initially in Metallurgy followed by a career in asset finance and leasing
- Married to a fellow Coventrian who was a Chartered Surveyor before working in a management role in the Inland Revenue
- 26 yr old daughter in the 2nd year of a PhD in Linguistics at Cambridge University
- Currently Foundation Chairman of Coventry Phoenix Rotary Club
- Now retired, enjoying walking our rescue Collie Cross, and of course traveling!
- Setting Up: Dave E.
- Projector: Nicky B.
- Host Visitors: Don L.
- Grace: Gladwyn G.
- List Visitors: Ern P.
- Sergeant: Brian F.
- Intro: George B.
- Thanks: Ben B.
- Last Word: Wayne M.
- If you are unable to attend, please send your apology to President Bryan or Secretary Bernard.
- If unable to fulfill your roster duty, please arrange your own replacement.
- Any notices or Chronicle inclusions, please send to the Editor no later than Sunday lunchtime.
Many thanks for your cooperation.