Title: Club Forum
Speaker: President Bryan and Members
Forums are about reviewing:
- Where we have come from,
- The way we operate,
- Where we want to go.
If we do not change we will stagnate.
Change is imminent and synonymous with progress.
Surely we must disagree at least with some of the ways we manage our Club.
Here's your opportunity to bring your views and bounce them against the others and come to unanimous decisions regarding how we wish to operate in the future.
If you do not take this opportunity then you only have yourself to blame.
- Setting up: Ern P.
- Projector: Bryan F.
- Host Visitors: Norma P.
- Grace: Len K.
- List Visitors: Dave E.
- Sergeant: Colin C.
- Intro: Bryan H.
- Thanks: Ben B.
- Last Word: Marten Y.
Last Week's Meeting - Friday 15th August
Title: My Outward Bound Experience
Speaker: Zoe Redden
|Arthur Y - Sergeant George B Introduction Zoe Redden - Speaker Outward Bound Team|
Zoe gave the Club an illuminating presentation of her Outward Bound Experience.
21 days well spent to develop - character, discipline, motivation and goals.
It was a balanced course that gave the candidates a varied and character forming experience.
The Tutors were inspirational, skilled, empathetic, and impressive.
- No hot showers in the morning
- Swimming with the dolphins
- Kayaking in the streams
- Spending nights outdoors in the woo wops
- Walking with the penguins
- Being among the possums
- Cooking your meals in the bush
- Sailing to established standards
- Documenting goals which will be posted back to each candidate to help determine how each one is accomplishing them in six months time.
All good stuff!
The course had a profound impact on Zoe.
Highly beneficial life changing stuff she says - of tremendous benefit to youth!
Visitors: Joanne J.
Friends of Rotary: Mary E., Norma P.
Apologies: Bryan H., Bernard W., Utsav S., Paul C., Nicola B., Stephen DB.
Next Week's Meeting - Friday 29th August
Title: A Day in the Life of Downtown Community Ministry (DCM)
Speaker: Stephanie McIntyre
- Setting up: Wayne J.
- Projector: Stephen DB.
- Host Visitors: Jean P.
- Grace: Yvonne DS.
- List Visitors: Marten Y.
- Sergeant: Wayne M.
- Intro: Kraft DS.
- Thanks: John M.
- Last Word: John C.
- If you are unable to attend, please send your apology to President Bryan or Secretary Bernard.
- If unable to fulfill your roster duty, please arrange your own replacement.
- Any notices or Chronicle inclusions, please send to the Editor (Kraft DS.) no later than Sunday lunchtime.
Many thanks for your cooperation