Title: A Day in the Life of the Downtown Community Ministry (DCM)
Speaker: Stephanie McIntyre (Director)
- Each week DCM works with some 150 people, supporting them to make dramatic changes in their lives.
- Most of these meet the New Zealand definition of homelessness or are at risk of homelessness, so DCM works with them to find housing, access their correct benefit entitlements, manage their money, and connect with family and a range of health and other services.
- At next month's meeting, DCM's Director Stephanie McIntyre will take us through a typical day in the life of DCM, giving us a flavour of the important work they are doing to end homelessness in our city.
- Setting up: Ern P.
- Projector: Nicola B.
- Host Visitors: Len K.
- Grace: Don L.
- List Visitors: Marten Y.
- Sergeant: Wayne M.
- Intro: Dave E.
- Thanks: Jean P.
- Last Word: John M.
Last Week's Meeting - Friday 22nd August
Title: Club Forum
Speaker: President Bryan and Members
President Bryan walked the meeting through:
- the Club's Strategic and Business Plans
- the Rotary Mission and values
- the project plans and commitments
The meeting also took the opportunity to ask the attendees how they felt about the present Club set up.
The members expressed their satisfaction regarding the present arrangements with respect to the meeting :- day, time, lunch, menu and other arrangements.
So it was decided that no change is necessary at present.
Apologies: Dave and Mary E., Ern and Norma P., Gladwyn G., George B., Len K., Paul C., Bernard W.
Next Week's Meeting -Friday 5th September
Title: Why We need a New Children's Hospital
Speaker: Dr Rosy Fenwike
- Dr Rosy Fenwicke is an Occupational Physician and GP who has been in practice for 30 years.
- During that time much of her work has focused on the health needs of women and children.
- She is also a mother of three, now adult, children.
The lack of up to date facilities for the care of children in the Lower North Island and in particular the lack of a child cancer service is a matter of grave concern to Dr Fenwicke, and a group of parents and other Wellington citizens who have formed a group called Wellington needs a New Children's Hospital
- and is the focus of her talk.
For more details:
- Setting up: Wayne J.
- Projector: Stephen DB.
- Host Visitors: Norma P.
- Grace: Gladwyn G.
- List Visitors: Arthur Y.
- Sergeant: Brian F.
- Intro: Yvonne DS.
- Thanks: John M.
- Last Word: John C.
- If you are unable to attend, please send your apology to President Bryan or Secretary Bernard.
- If unable to fulfill your roster duty, please arrange your own replacement.
- Any notices or Chronicle inclusions, please send to the Editor (Kraft DS.) no later than Sunday lunchtime.
Many thanks for your cooperation.